Calculator for Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease
Rebecca Scherzer, Monica Gandhi, Michelle M. Estrella, Phyllis C. Tien, Steven G. Deeks, Carl Grunfeld, Carmen A. Peralta, and Michael G. Shlipak. A chronic kidney disease risk score to determine tenofovir safety in a prospective cohort of HIV-positive male veterans. AIDS: 2014(28:9) 1289-1295.
The input value ranges used for this research study are as follows:
- Age range is from 30 to 60 years
- Glucose range is from 79 to 250 mg/dL
- Systolic blood pressure range is from 106 to 160 mmHg
- Triglycerides range is from 69 to 340 mg/dL
- CD4 cell count range is from 40 to 738 cells/mm3
- Hypertension or high blood pressure should be marked "yes" even if it is being successfully treated
If you enter a value outside these ranges, the closest value from the study range will be used; for instance, if you enter an age of "80," the calculator will use "60" to determine risk.
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF): Brand name = Viread. TDF is included in these combination pills: Truvada, Atripla, Complera, Stribild