|Sexual Readiness: Questions to Ask|
|Lynn E. Ponton, University of California San Francisco|
- Are you doing this for yourself?
- Do you feel rushed by your partner, the situation, or yourself?
- Is your body ready? Do you feel physical arousal and desire?
- Do you trust your partner? Can you talk freely with him/her?
- Would you be comfortable saying no, even at this last minute?
- Have you and your partner practiced with other sexual experiences prior to deciding to have intercourse foreplay using hands, mouth, genital and hip pressing, etc.?
- Have you planned for protection from pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease?
- Are you able to engage in sexual activity without getting drunk or high first?
- Are you knowledgeable about sex? Do you know what oral, anal, manual, and vaginal intercourse are?
- Have you thought about the impact of this event on your life, considering whether it matches your values?